BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 28, 2009

Under 300

Today was weigh in day, and the start of week 5. I weighed in at 298. That is still super obese, BUT, for anyone who reads this that ALSO means I am down a total of 13 lbs, and it means I am UNDER 300 lbs. FINALLY. Geez. I am rather excited about this. It is a slow process, but I am hoping by sticking with it and doing it 1. the right way. 2. the slow, take your time, lose it correctly it won't come back as easily. RIGHT? RIGHT? Please tell me I am somewhat right? :)

The diet has been going pretty good. I haven't had any "HOLY COW" days. I have been following my weight watchers points pretty good, and with the 35 flex points for the week have stayed within the points every week. The exercise is another story. After the 2 days of stepping last week I thought I was going to die. I got the worst pains in my legs...between that and Bobs biggest loser video. BUT, I have been averaging a mile of just plain walking a day. Not "purposeful" walking, but errands and cleaning and such...i have a pedometer on my phone. So, that's WAY WAY more than I was before. So, i guess it's one step at a time. And I am learning that's what weight loss is really all about....one pound, one ounce at a time

2 comments:

R and R said...

Hooray!! Hitting those milestones are great motivators to keep going! And you are ABSOLUTELY correct! Losing it slow and steady is definitely the way to go. My husband is a big time yo-yo dieter. At the beginning of the year, he was 280, lost a bunch of weight really fast and then two weeks ago, he was back up to 277. I am still trying to convince him to go slow and steady...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Miss Madison's Mommy said...

Great job!!! My hubs did the same yoyo thing too. It NEVER works!! Trust me slow is good, BUT sometimes VERY frustrating. I tell myself all the time "something is better than NOTHING".