BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 26, 2009

Will I ever get it?

Every time I say I am going to blog more, write down more I don't. So, I am not going to say that this time...then I won't feel terrible when I don't do it. I am simply going to say I am still plugging along...I have a question for you three or so who actually read this blog...

HOW DO I MAKE MYSELF LIKE TO EXERCISE? Or rather...how do I just simply motivate myself to do it? It's not that I don't "know" I need to. I DO! I know that I will never get to a "healthy" weight without it. I just have no motivation to make my 290+ lb body run, or walk, or do jumping jacks and hurt. I have no motivation to do it alone. I have no desire to feel like a failure when I can't finish 10 minutes of a 30 minute workout. Does anyone else get this way? How do you overcome it? do you ever?

I weighed in today and am down 2.2 lbs. Total of 18.9lbs. Still my clothes fit "about" the same. I KNOW that's because I haven't added in toneing...haven't added in exercise...that should motivate me...but it hasn't. Anyone want to give me a kick in the butt????

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is a hard one...for most everybody. What I try to do is schedule out my exercise. Make it a priority. It is easy to find excuses not to exercise. Finding a workout buddy is helpful too. Is hubby willing to go for a walk in the morning or evening? A friend? Another thing to realize is that it you will feel better when you finish a workout. Usually it is just a matter of getting out the door or popping in the DVD. Getting through the first step is the hardest but sometimes you have to fake it till you make it. You CAN do it!!

R and R said...

I like that "fake it till you make it." I STILL hate to exercise. But I know I have to do it. It's taken me almost a stinkin' year, but I have finally SEEN how much of difference exercise makes in my own body battle.

I'm sure you've figured out that I am big into bribing myself...I went through a faze where I told myself that I couldn't get on the computer until I had worked out. Sound's silly, huh? But it worked! I love reading FB and blogs and posting my own stuff. So that was a huge motivator for me.

I agree that a buddy can be a huge motivator. You don't want to let each other down so you do it for each other.

Another thing I have found for myself is that I HAVE to like what I am doing. For me, I CANNOT do a treadmill. I finally found an exercise video that I really like. Have you tried walking, water aerobics, different videos...(sparkpeople.com actually offers free exercise clips online).

Just remember, the harder the exercise is, the more calories it will burn and the more it will do overall for your body!