BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

back slide

I got a couple comments/emails asking if I was still "kicking" "here" "etc". The answer is YES...the more in depth answer is "ummm...its been a weird week and a half and I gotta find my motivation again.

My husband and I headed to Ohio/Virginia/New Jersey last week for my dear cousins wedding. i decided I was going to have a fun week with food and "cheat" a bit...not stress...just be on vacation. And I had a blast (no not because of the food) it was just amazing to see my family! But, it has proven 100 times harder than I thought to get back in the "diet mode". Any ideas? Yes, I gained weight...blah. Im not putting that number up right now, cause it makes me pretty annoyed with myself. I am pretty down right now...not a good feeling.

So, starting tomorrow I need to revamp things. Now, that it is written down I will do it

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That's always a tough one. Getting back into the groove can be the hardest thing. I just have figured out that if I tell myself "no" for a couple days...no to the graham cracker with butter, no to the bowl of ice cream...that's all it takes. It gets easier again to be in diet mode after a day or two of saying no to the little voice in your head saying "yumm, that sounds good". Lock it down. Get back on track. You're doing great.

R and R said...

"back slide" - I don't think I have heard that term since I lived in Ohio! I think the hardest part about dieting is being in the "real world". At home, you know what you're eating, you can plan ahead. When I first started, going out for a one night thing always blew my diet out the window! BUT, it gets easier. Eleven months into this, I was finally able to go to a dinner tonight and "be good." Yes, it stinks that it took me 11 months to get to that point, but I did it! And so can you! Don't get down on yourself. Your vacation happened. There is nothing you can do to change that. But you can decide what tomorrow and the next day...will bring! Get back up and start where you left off!! You're awesome!!