BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 4, 2010

Motivation

My biggest struggle with my weight is that it has caused an intense HATRED of myself. My body, and everything about me. I can't be good at something because I am fat. I can't be pretty because I am fat. I can't be because I fat. You get the idea.

I am married to an amazing man who puts up with my self hate, but he hates it. He loves me for who I am, fat rolls and all. He sees my eyes and my smile and my talents and attributes. When all I see is FAT!

I just read a wonderful book called Hungry, by Crystal Renn. It's a book about a girl who modeled and became severely anorexic. She was 5'9 and 95 lbs. She looked terrible! Well, after 2 years of that life she stopped. She gained weight and is a happy plus size model at a healthy size 12. ANYWAY...the point is she learned to love herself...all of her...her body, her weight, her hair, everything.

I admire that immensely! Because I can't seem to do that. There is a quote in her book I am going to use..."Don't change your body to fit your mind's perception of what it SHOULD look like. Change your mind to appreciate your ACTUAL body." Does this mean I should love being obese and unhealthy? OF COURSE NOT! I just need to accept that I will probably always have "bat arms" and "chunky thighs". But I have a strong body, and it was given to me by my Heavenly Father. So, I am taking one day at a time to appreciate myself...body and all!

3 comments:

google_account said...

I've always been a fan of fuller-figured models. There's a great site with many images of Crystal and other plus-size models here:

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/

They're all gorgeous.

The site's forum also has thought-provoking discussions about body image and the media.

Daren said...

I love you babe, you are so beautiful. I hope you know I believe that and I love you very much. You are amazing, love you.

HeatherH said...

We just read "You Are Special" by Max Lucado. Such a simple message but it's clear: You are loved by a Father in Heaven. He loves YOU because he created you. There's no need to compare yourself to some ideal because there is no ideal. He loves you because you're you!