BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Surgery

Well, I found out today I DID in fact tear my meniscus in my left knee (mind you this WAS the good knee) and have to have surgery on it. It's currently scheduled for Feb 15th, unless someone cancels, which I am hopeing for. The pain is incredible. Yes, I know that a lot of that is from my fibromyalgia and therefore I am more sensitive to pain...but still it hurts! So, no exercise for a couple months. Sigh. One day I'll get there. So, instead I need to focus on eating better, good, right. So far so good. Granted only day 3, but still its going well.

Funny story. I made the receptionist at my Dr's office curse today. They gave me a shot of steroids in my knee, to tide me over til surgery. Then the Dr walked me out to the desk to set up my presurgery appointment. Well, while standing there I suddenly felt all color and blood drain from my face. I felt sweaty and hot. I felt light headed like never before and my ears rang...i couldn't hear anything. I said to the dr and receptionist "I need to sit down NOW" the receptionist looked up and said "holy s***" and they each grabbed an arm and helped me sit down. I drank 3 glasses of water and ate a granola bar before i was feeling better. They all kept asking me if I was sure I was OK because I was SO pale. I was pale! And I didn't feel great still, but at least I didn't pass out. And I have a slightly funny story to tell.

So, here's to the rest of the week following my points!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sorry to hear about the injury! Even if you can't do lower body exercise you could still do some toning in the upper body though right? Remember, any muscle you build will burn more calories. Grab some hand weights or resistance bands and keep yourself in the "working out" frame of mind. (Just a suggestion) Hope the recovery isn't too horrible.

R and R said...

Good luck with everything. Here's to speedy surgery and recovery!!