BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

exercise opinions?

So all you (the whole 2 or 3 of you who read this)...I have HORRIBLE knees, i had knee surgery just a few weeks ago, and I am super scared to hurt them again while trying to workout. But I know i need to. is walking best? is there a good dvd that is low impact on knees? pool? any ideas or suggestions.

Also, I learned that I shouldnt eat dinner at 9pm, snack ok, but not dinner...i get too hungry. I ate last night late because my hubby has class til 830. And I felt RAVENOUS...not cool.

But so far on my 3rd day of this time around I feel good. I feel strong. and i have done great. No soda. Getting my water in. At or under my calories everyday. So i feel good.

2 comments:

REBYRYAN said...

I've heard that pool is good for that but never having had a knee injury, I don't really know. You might want to try posting this question on an MFP forum (or even do a search, there is probably already a few forums on the topic). You'd probably get answers from people who have been in a similar situation.

Tiffany said...

I think pool exercise would probably be great. Why not pay for 1 or 2 sessions with a personal trainer and get some input and something personalized?
That being said, work upper body with weights, shadow box, crank (bike for the arms), walk as much as possible. Just be active. Heck, turn on the stereo and dance with your bambino :)