BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 7, 2011

another weigh in and checking in

Yesterday was weigh in day...I lost another 4.6 lbs, so Im down a total of 13.6 lbs since starting on September 5th. My jeans are a lot looser....so I know Ive lost. I just keep second guessing myself thinking one day it'll stop. I know that's super negative, but I can't seem to shake that thought. Suggestions?

The last couple days I have been craving salty AND sweet things. I have NOT eaten very well (ie: ice cream, chips, etc) however, I have stayed within my pts allowance EVERYDAY...so we will see what the scale shows next week. I know I feel more blah when I eat crap...so I am trying to curb that.

Do any of you (my whole 2-3 readers) do anything to "celebrate" your small victories...like 5, 20, etc lbs? Its SO VERY hard for me to accept a compliment and to celebrate the victory...My darling husband has been so supportive and tells me daily I am beautiful, he loves me, he can tell Ive lost weight, he's proud of me, etc. But usually my response is "whatever" or "no Im not" and I am not sure how to switch that negative self talk...but I know if I don't the weight won't stay off.

I read on someone else's blog (tiffany, I think) that they thought their weight gain was their "blanket" and I am 110% sure I am the same way. I was abused in every way imaginable when I was little...so I think I thought "if im bigger they won't want to hurt me, if I am bigger/stronger they can't hurt me" and therefore I put on over 150 lbs of "protection" so now its getting rid of that to have a healthy life. But how do you actually change the self talk? I doubt there is an easy answer, I just love advice and knowing what worked for others. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yep, the blanket thing was me :) Dealing with the emotional part of weight loss is probably the most important... and the hardest. Instead of "whatever" try "thank you". Even if you want to feel negative, deal with it positively. The positive response has to become a habit, which takes practice. Let hubby know you are uncomfortable with it too, talking can help break through some of the crap. It's a process, you aren't going to change your comfort zone overnight. You didn't wake up with the extra weight one morning, it came on over the years after stuffing your feelings and emotions. No matter how much weight you lose, you are still going to be stronger than all the crap you've been through. Now it boils down to giving your kid the best (healthiest) mama you can and showing yourself how amazing you are.
Congrats on the loss. You are doing FANTASTIC! Find something to reward yourself with (I know the budget is tight, but it can be small). Keep up the good work. Move past the icecream, it's just food. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water, just keep moving forward...

REBYRYAN said...

First of all, congratulations on the weight loss! You are doing AWESOME!

Second, I am going to ditto everything Tiffany said! And yes, the negative self talk is HARD to give up. REALLY. HARD.

I found a thread on MFP that had some really good responses. Check it out if you get a minute:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/155318-how-do-you-stop-the-negative-self-talk?hl=stop+negative+self+talk

One idea for a "reward" would be to put aside a dollar (in a separate account that can't be touched) for every pound that you lose. That way, it's only a couple of dollars a week. When you reach your goal, the money is yours for something fun?

Keep it up! You can so do this!