BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

No title

I am preparing myself for my first gain on Thursday. Now all I have to do is fix it. Meaning not freak out about gaining and start fresh. But first I need to figure out how to get out of the frame of mind "i hurt and I am stressed and overwhelmed so I should eat junk" I am a VERY emotional eater, so lately (this week) its been out of control.

When I was a teenager I was severely bulimic (so much so I spent 2 weeks in an eating disorder hospital and months and months doing outpatient treatment 3 times) So in my mind when I binge (eat all this crap...read half a pack of cookies or 5 mini candy bars....GAG!) all I want to do is go throw up. I haven't done that, don't worry. But having it sit in my stomach feels awful. But there's not too many other options. I need distractions. What do my 2 readers do to distract themselves from eating crap?

Although, on a plus (which i need to REALLY REALLY work on) I went to Lane bryant yesterday night with my hubby and I fit into jeans 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing...which is huge. Granted, in another pair I was only down 1 size, but it still felt nice. My mother-in-law even commented yesterday how huge my jeans are (I could fit a couple kids inside with me, I can take all my jeans off without unbuttoning them) so that was a nice compliment.

1 comments:

REBYRYAN said...

Good job bringing out the positive and not giving up!

I wish I had a magical cure for for getting rid of the junk food cravings (I'd probably be rich if I did). You can find a lot of tips and tricks on the internet but what it really boils down to - is to do what works for your situation and your body.

For ME, I had to completely eliminate junk food from my house. If it's here, I eat it. If it's not and the only alternative is healthy snacks, I eat those instead. BUT, whenever we make treats, I go a little crazy (okay, maybe a lot crazy). And I know I will, so I very rarely make them, and when I do, I try to make a small batch so there isn't as much TO eat! :)

Try googling how to overcome junk food cravings and see if there are any tips or tricks that you think will work for you. And don't be afraid to experiment. I know that's easier said than done though. I wish I had done more of that when I was in the weight loss process. I wanted to see pounds come off and the thought of switching things up and having that possibly result in a gain kinda freaked me out! But I've learned that experimenting can lead to some great discoveries!

I don't know if any of that even makes sense or helps but know that I'm proud of you and how far you've come so far! Keep it up. It never becomes what I would call "EASY" but it does get easIER!