BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Get Fit Challenge

So as of yesterday I am "officially" back on track. I joined a get fit challenge to help me along too. Its 12 weeks and you get points each day for doing things healthy (ie: not eating after 9, no sweets, 48 oz of water, 5 fruits and vegetables, work out 5 days a week for 30 minutes, etc) Most of them are pretty easy for me, but there are 3 that are SUPER hard and it will be interesting to see how I do. 1. no sweets. (you can have 1 treat a day and still get points, but only half pts, and you do get 1 day you can "cheat") but I CRAVE sweets. Mainly if I eat sweets I want more. But its so hard just to not eat them...especially when my nephew and brother in law eat them all the time, or want to. 2. exercise 30 minutes 5 days a week. For me its more motivation and pain. Im not super motivated to go do that because 99% of the time it just hurts. I went to the gym yesterday with the intent to swim, but the pool was full so I rode a bike for 9 miles...which is a lot for me. But my back is in AGONY today. Not like a "oh i worked out and am sore" kind of pain but the "I may die, what did I do to myself pain". I know its fibromyalgia pain and I know that because i have it everyday, but when I do something too much it gets worse. SO today I am trying to decide if its worth trying something again or not. Sigh. Decisions decisions. and finally 3. 5 fruits and vegetables a day. This didn't sound so hard at first but man it is. Especially when theres very few fruits and vegetables I actually like. But yesterday and today I have done everything on the list. So we will see how it continues today and onward. I just gotta get this all worked out. The yo-yoing thing is NO fun.

0 comments: