BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Orthopedic surgeons verdict...sort of

As some of you know, but for those that don't I am a clutz. Full on no denying it at all. Since my husband and I got married almost 3 years ago I have had 3 knee surgeries (2 miniscus tears and an ACL tear) I also had an emergency c-section. Not the best impression as newlyweds (luckily my hubby loves me anyway). Well on Jan. 6th I ran to Smith's grocery store to get some things on a case lot sale. I went alone while daren stayed home and watched a movie with one of our friends. When I was unloading our cart into the back of our 4-runner my cart started to roll towards a nice car next to me, so I lunged/reached to grab it. Well, in my haste to grab it I tripped over the trailer hitch sending the full 290 lbs of my body weight towards my already excelerating arm. I was hurt pretty bad, or at least felt like I was. I called daren sobbing hysterically. I was able to get up and drive home, but every bump made me bawl.

When I arrived home he insisted I go to the ER. I was sure nothing was broke, but I could something was wrong. The x-ray showed nothing broke, but did show arthritis. He said "you probably tore something and in 2 weeks you'll be good as new". Well, in 2 weeks I was in just as much pain as day one. I still couldn't life my shoulder/arm very high and it hurt constantly. So I went to my dr, who sent me to physical therapist. Now I have had enough physical therapy in my life to know it hurts a little to stretch things, but man this was bad. They couldn't get me stretched to where I needed to go because it hurt me so bad. So after 2 weeks of doing that I was sent back to the dr for an MRI. The MRI showed that I tore the tendon that connects my bicep to my shoulder. I was then sent to an orthopedic surgeon to discuss surgery.

I wanted to cry. ANOTHER surgery? REALLY? Anyway, yesterday was that visit and I Was very honest about trying to avoid surgery. The dr said that he is 99% sure Ill end up having surgery, but there were a few more things we could try first. SO I got a HUGE old shot of cortizone in my shoulder and am being sent back to physical therapy for the next 3 weeks. On March 5th Ill go back and get a decision. If things have improved at all they will continue with cortizone and physical therapy longer if there is still no improvement they will then schedule me for surgery. I was bummed, but I am still hopeful. But overall the pain and thought of it makes me sad and stressed, which makes me eat. Sigh.

I am praying for a maintain weigh in on Monday. If God is merciful I won't gain. But I admit I am struggling. I am 97% in my points range, but I am still eating crappy. I need more healthy real foods and less processed foods. Anyone want to cook for me?

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep moving on.

2 comments:

:: ashley :: said...

you poor thing! so can we still do dinner i will cook for you!

REBYRYAN said...

BLAAAAHHH!! Sorry to hear! Hopefully the non-surgery approach will work!