BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 11, 2014

It's Me Again

I disapeared for a while there - I got pregnant and didn't feel like documenting my weight while growing our child.  It was a SUPER hard pregnancy. - Including a feeding tube, PICC line, numerous hospitalizations, constant headaches, and 3 full months of strict bed rest to keep her growing. And I am proud to say she only came 5 weeks and 2 days early (my first was 10 weeks early)  She was a healthy 5 lbs 5 oz. And we named her Emilee and we sure love her. 

But all that being said - being that sick and strict bed rest took a toll on me physically, but more so emotionally and mentally.  Living on bed rest means not really taking the time to get dressed up much or doing your hair or makeup.  It means gaining a lot of weight. It means not playing with your toddler much.  My self esteem is at an all time low, which for me is saying something considering I have never had much to begin with. And my weight is at an all time high.  

Well, 2014 is MY year.  My year to lose this weight once and for all.  My year to get my health under control (taking this much medicine at 32 is RIDICULOUS). My year to get off insulin shots (I hope). My year to learn to like me - all of me, the good, the bad, the ugly. My year to accept myself flaws and all. My year to be an active mom, to be able to go on a bike ride as a family, and play and run around with my 3 year old. My year to TAKE BACK MY LIFE ONCE AND FOR ALL!  

I joined a dietbet (where you basically pay money and you have 4 weeks to lose 4% of your body weight in that time frame) In hopes of being accountable.  I have 5 months to lose enough weight to fit into a bridesmaids dress for my sisters wedding, right now their biggest size doesnt even fit.  :(
Anyway, to be accountable here too I am posting my starting weight picture and a full body picture for motivation.  




0 comments: